Friday 25 January 2019

Anni Albers Exhibition at Tate Modern

I went to the final week of the Anni Albers show at Tate Modern this week. The weaving was really interesting, particularly the line quality of the threads and the human elements of the making; as you know if you are a regular reader of my blog or follower of my work this is one of my greatest pleasures in looking/ listening and appreciating work and objects in the digital age we live and work in. As much as I enjoyed the work I found myself further interested in the looms and it took me back to the photos and drawings I made with the kind help of London Cloth Company. These manual machines are works of art in themselves and a pleasure to look at. 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.

My blog has moved homes

After several years here on blogger I have made the difficult decision to move blogs! Come and and celebrate my new blog home and find out t...